Introducing the Beautiful Farewell™
A New Style of Funeral Ceremony.
Elements of a Beautiful Farewell™ Ceremony
- Tells the story of a lifetime Is spiritually meaningful
- Reflects your values and traditions
- Includes elements for every generation of your family
- Provides time for a casual gathering and the sharing of support
- Includes the active participation of family & friends
- Begins the healing process
Example of a Beautiful Farewell™ Ceremony
- Beautiful Farewell Ceremony scheduled for 7 pm
- 6:45 PM Motown playlist begins while the room is being setup for the ceremony
- 7 PM Opening and welcome by Celebrant
- Candle lighting ceremony, Ann Bocci daughter
- Song, Unforgettable Nat King Cole
- Poetry reading, Sara Doyle granddaughter
- Scripture reading, Jane McQueen, family friend
- Sharing of special memories, open to all
- Home movie montage created by Bill Jenson, grandson
- Reflections on memories and honoring life, Celebrant
- Playing of the video tribute Closing song - Aretha Franklin's version of A Natural Woman
The service that the Casey family suggested to me was unbelievable. It was personal, timely, very moving and a real tribute to my daughter. The music was an especially wonderful addition and the stories her friends shared were so uplifting at a very tragic time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a funeral celebrant?
A Celebrant is a person--male or female--who seeks to meet the needs of families during their time of loss. They serve by providing a funeral service that is personalized to reflect the personality and life-style of the deceased." --Insight Institute, Glenda Stansbury.
Does a Beautiful Farewell replace a church service?
Not necessarily. If a religious service is important to you, you could have a Beautiful Farewell followed by a church service.
How does a family design a Beautiful Farewell ceremony?
Your celebrant will help you choose the best way to honor your loved one with the rituals, songs, and memory items that will work for your entire family.
Is a Beautiful Farewell expensive?
Normally the cost is approximately the same as a church service. However, the size of the event is completely up to the family. Much like weddings, some are small and some are quite elaborate.
I was overwhelmed by the beauty and significance of this service. I never realized such a possibility existed. It was completely choreographed and written just for my Mom. She would have loved it!